How to Play Baghchal Game
- The gameboard is a grid of intersecting orthogonal and diagonal lines upon which pieces are placed.
- There are 25 intersections in the board where game pieces can be placed
- The pieces are made up of 4 tigers and 20 goats.
- The pieces move along the lines to adjacent intersections. One intersection at a time.
- Tiger can move two intersection when jumping a goat over to a empty intersection.
- One intersection is left for 2nd phase of game play where goats have to move
- All 4 Tigers start at corner positions.
- Goats play in two phase.
- In 1st phase: All 20 goats must be placeed turn by turn into the board.
- In 2nd phase: Goats move after all 20 have been placed on the board.
- Players alternate their moves.
The tigers must move according to these rules:
- The goal of the tigers is to capture five goats by jumping over them.
- They can start capturing goats any moment after the match has started.
- They can capture only one goat at a time.
- A tiger cannot jump over another tiger.
- A tiger can only jump over one goat.
- Tiger can jump over a goat in any direction, but it must be to an adjacent intersection following the lines drawn on the board.
- A tiger can not jump over a corner position goat piece.
The goats must move according to these rules:
- The goal of the goats is to immobilize the tigers by surrounding them in such a way that no tiger can move.
- They must leave the board when captured.
- They can not jump over the tigers or other goats.
- Tigers win if they capture 5 goats
- Goats win if they block all possible legal moves of the tigers.
- Tigers win if they block all possible legal moves of the goats (rare case)